Starting from the academic year 2022/2023 a new full-time MA study programme in the field of African Studies is offered by the Chair of African Languages and Cultures.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
While studying with us you will:
• learn Swahili, the most spoken African language
• experience the exciting academic environment of the University of Warsaw, Poland’s no. 1 University
• acquire the necessary skills to conduct your own research on contemporary Africa
• have access to a state-of-the art library entirely devoted to Africa
• take part in academic research conducted by the Chair’s international staff members
The new MA programme in African Studies focuses on cultural, linguistic, religious and social issues of Sub-Saharan Africa.
The programme, conducted in English, is interdisciplinary in nature. It combines various aspects of African studies (especially with regard to cultural, social, historical and literary aspects) with studying one of the most important contact languages of the continent – Swahili. The emphasis is on contemporary Africa.
Our Master’s degree programme is intended for students that have already completed their undergraduate studies but still wish to continue developing their academic skills. The programme comprises two years of full-time study. To graduate, students must complete a thesis that demonstrates sound knowledge of the field and research competency.
The programme is free for Polish as well as international students.
Questions related to the admission procedures should be directed to the Faculty Recruitment Committee at: email@example.com.
Questions regarding the programme of our new MA studies should be directed to the Chair of African Languages and Cultures at: firstname.lastname@example.org.